The following are the changes between version 4.0.9 and version 4.1.0.
- Added a band pass filter. Like the Orinj high pass and low pass filters, this is a Butterworth infinite impulse response filter. At a minimum, it produces a nice radio sounding effect – for example by setting the filter mid frequency at 1 kHz and the filter width at about 650 Hz.
- Fixed the right channel of the Orinj high pass filter, as it was producing no sound.
- Made sure temporary sound files are deleted when closing waves in the single wave view in a couple of cases: 1) when closing a wave file that used to be in the session; and 2) when closing a wave file that was processed in some way (reversed, processed effect), but not saved.
- Changed the Orinj high pass filter and low pass filter, as the cutoff frequency of each of the filters was not exactly the one specified by the user (even though the filter graphs showed filters with the correct cutoff frequency). (For those who want more detail, see the discussion of frequency warping of the bilinear transformation).
- Fixed up some of the language: 1) changed bit rate to bit resolution (e.g., in the dialog for a new session); 2) changed meta properties to meta content (in the menu commands); and 3) fixed some of the errors in the Orinj high pass filter to state that they are coming out of the high pass filter.
Meanwhile, we have also rewritten the online Orinj help. All help pages were updated to reflect any differences between version 4 and version 3.