Orinj version 5.0.0
The Orinj Flanger is a typical flanger. It introduces one repetition of the signal with a short delay and no decay. The delay of the repetition varies over time.
Using the Orinj Flanger
The Orinj Flanger can be added to tracks in the multitrack session view, tracks in the loop building view, and to waves in the single wave view. In the multitrack session view and in the loop building view, first select the track to which you want to add the effect. In all views, click on Effect, Delay, and then on Orinj Flanger in the Orinj menu. You will see the following dialog.
When this dialog becomes visible, the Orinj Flanger effect has been added. Adjust the parameters of the flanger in the dialog above and click Close. The parameters of the flanger are described below.
Orinj Flanger parameters
See Orinj Effects for an explanation of the Title, Track, Presets, Bypass, and Lock channels controls. The remaining Orinj Flanger controls are described below:
- Left delay: Use these controls – the box and the slider – to set the center of the delay of the signal repetition in the left channel. This is equivalent to the "manual" control in many flangers. The delay is specified in milliseconds (ms) and can be between 0 ms and 20 ms. If for example, the delay is set to 10 ms here, the actual delay will vary up and down around 10 ms (e.g., between 5 ms and 15 ms or between 8 ms and 12 ms, depending on the pitch controls).
- Right delay: Use these controls – the box and the slider – to set the center of the delay in the right channel.
- Left pitch: Use these controls – the box and the slider – to set the maximum pitch change in the delayed signal repetition in the left channel. This is equivalent to the "width" control in many flangers. The pitch can be between 1 (no pitch) and 1.05 (approximately one semitone). The higher the pitch setting, the wider the sweep in the flanger delay.
- Right pitch: Use these controls – the box and the slider – to set the maximum pitch change in the right channel.
- Left frequency: Use these controls – the box and the slider – to set the frequency of the flanger delay oscillation in the left channel. This is equivalent to the "rate" control in many flangers. The frequency is measured in Hz and can be between 0 Hz and 5 Hz.
- Right frequency: Use these controls – the box and the slider – to set the frequency of the flanger delay oscillation in the right channel.
See Orinj Effects for additional notes on: where Orinj effects can be used, using boxes and sliders that impact the same parameter (such as the box and slider for the left channel delay), applying effects to mono and stereo waves, and using effects during playback. The parameters for the left and right channels are separate, as a number of interesting effects can be created if the flanger in the two channels differs. See Orinj Working with effects for additional information on creating, modifying, moving, removing, and processing effects. See Flanger for additional information on this effect in audio processing.
Dry and wet mix
The Orinj Flanger supports dry and wet mix changes. That is, you can adjust the mix between the original signal and the delayed signal. See Orinj Effects for more information.